Is there anything else that screams autumn and warmness like a hearty tomato soup? I think not! This easy tomato soup recipe uses organic cherry tomatoes (straight from Hidden Canyon Ranch Farms) as the base. There is nothing better than knowing exactly where your food comes from!
Spend a little extra time this fall whipping up a soup that is sure to please the whole gang:)
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 1/4 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves or 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅛ cup cooking sherry or dry white wine
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth, heated (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425.
2. Put tomatoes in a baking dish, add oil & garlic and toss to coat.
3. Roast for 35 minutes, remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Dump all contents of the baking dish into your blender.
5. If you want to strain the skins, do it now. Then add the liquid back to the blender. However, straining is not necessary. The skins add a little texture and even more nutrition.
6. Now add basil, salt & pepper and blend thoroughly.
7. Finally, taste and decide if, or how much, of the broth you want to add. If your tomatoes are fresh and delicious, like ours, you may not want to add any broth at all!