My garden is overflowing with greens right now, lucky me! I’ve got chard, beet greens and 3 types of kale. I mix them all together in my biggest pan for a colorful dish packed full of nutrition. Here’s what I do to bring out the best in my greens:
- 8 to 10 cups of loosely packed, roughly chopped, de-veined greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add olive oil, onion & garlic to the pan and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add greens and cook on medium low heat until greens cook down & start to become soft.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and serve over brown rice or tofu or quinoa or… endless options.