When life gives you lemons (and eggs), you make lemon bars, right? Well, we do! And here’s our secret family recipe. We always plan to sell them at the farm stand but by the time they are cool enough to package up, they’re gone. You’ll see why.
- 1 ½ cups of butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups + 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- Juice of two lemons (I use big ones)
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, and 3 cups of flour into a large bowl and mix.
- Pat mixture into a 9x12in ungreased baking pan
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- While the crust bakes, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and remaining 6 tablespoons of flour in a large bowl.
- Mix lightly with a mixer.
- Let the lemon mixture stand until the sugar dissolves.
- When the crust is done, remove from the oven and pour the lemon mixture on top.
- Put it back in the oven and bake at 350 for another 20 minutes.
- Make sure the lemon mixture is set before you remove it from the oven. It may need an extra couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar once out of the oven and while still hot.
- Cut into squares, serve, and watch them disappear!